Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wimp to Spartan Transformation: Smoking Guns and Wipe-Outs


Spartan Crossfit Wimp to Spartan 18 from Peter Murphy on Vimeo.

Katy Mccabe has been known to take it upon herself to suggest (dictate) what work-outs I should be doing.  This day was one of those "suggestion" days.  She suggested that I do "Smoking Gun," which is actually an AWESOME workout and is one of my favorites to date.  It's honestly a full-body workout, and something that Joe D. would appreciate very much, due to the burpee-esque movements.


The Smoking Gun:
4 DeadLifts
4 Hang Cleans
4 Squat Cleans
4 Squat Clean Presses

Then 3 of each, 2 of each, 1 of each for 7 sets.  I only did 5 sets.

The focus of this video isn't the workout itself, much to my dismay, but rather the spectacular wipe out that happens at 1:26 for no reason that I can think of other than my knees thought they were my feet for a brief and fleeting moment.

Murph enjoyed seeing it so much and laughed so hard when I did it, that he decided to slow it down and add sound effects for his and your viewing pleasure.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I'm going to go be a recluse until he apologizes...

No comments:

Post a Comment