Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wimp to Spartan Transformation: The Foreboding High-Five


Spartan Crossfit Wimp to Spartan 11 from Peter Murphy on Vimeo.

Shane has always been super supportive, and definitely pushes me, but when I get encouragement before anything even starts…I know I’m going to die.


Firstly, I would like to point out to all of you that Shane blessed me with yet another enormous rubber band.  This one I used to supplement my squats for the warm-up.  It’s a good idea in theory, but let’s talk about execution.  That lime green rubber terrorist bunched up and seriously cut into my thighs.  I recognize that by this point in the filming process, I was more Spartan than Wimp, but this really burned by bonnet.  So, when we finished the terrorist squats, I decided to accessorize like a successful rapper, and put it on only one leg.  That wasn’t so bad, but I fear that it did create the Michelin Man effect that I so desperately try to avoid.

We moved onto throwing that enormous ball.  And I must say, ladies and gentlemen, that there is nothing more satisfying than throwing a giant ball at Shane’s head.  Though with the calm and resolve of an invisible man, Shane just threw it back at me unphased.  Then came ring-rows.  Those were fine.  I like what they did for my arms. 

We repeated this series 3 times.  During the third set’s terrorist squats, Shane put a giant black tube in front of me to correct my form.  The only thing that accomplished was making me go cross-eyed every time I squatted—one of my more attractive moments, to be sure.  Also, Murph thought it would be funny to randomly place my wedgie-dance clips in the remaining videos… so that explains the uncharacteristicly quick costume change in the middle of the video.

Then we got to the WOD.  With all those push-ups and chin-ups, soon Shoulders will start having to call ME Shoulders.  This could create confusion.  I’m going to just say that I think they are looking pretty good in this video.  Anyway, I thought it was going to be a rough workout, but it was no more rough than any of the other workouts we had done.  I still got the crazy crossfit endorphin high that I usually got, which in turn lead to that HORRENDOUS Fabio joke at the end  Seriously though, I should just stop talking.

6 comments:

  1. Nice Fabio impression. Did I see you drinking from a coffee cup. Who does that in the middle of a workout??!!

    PS. This is great lunchtime entertainment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes, that's water from a coffee cup. what are you going to do about it, Jeff?

    I'm so glad I could be there for you during lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't a whole lot I can do except make snide remarks about it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, okay,so that's how you're gonna play???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totes. You'd expect nothing less.

    ReplyDelete